By: Jeffrey Williams
Harrisburg, PA – We have been receiving continuous information, raw data, emails, photos, comments, evidence, and many other parts and pieces of Harrisburg’s hidden and suppressed past.
Our apologies to those whose information has not yet been displayed. Much time is needed to research, analyze, interview and to make conclusions.
One by one, these documents and other evidence will be released.
The public can decide what to make of it.
Here is the latest review of Gloria Martin Roberts Team’s involvement with Harrisburg’s trouble:
- Elected LT to City Council & Mayor-7th link/ 4th link
- Elected GMR to City Council- 4th link
- Running GMR’s campaign-1st link
- Firm has been paid out 2.4 mil by HBGSD & HA- 4th link
- Former Reed Ally-worked on Campaigns-4th link
- Counsel for HBGSD during 1997-1999/2001-2005-4th link
- Was HA counsel from 1997-2002
- Was counsel to HBGSD & HA at the same time
- 2007-2010 Served as chairman & CEO of the board of the HA-10th link
- Violated Section 1103(a) of the public official & employee’s act
By participating in the hiring of a member of his law firm through the HA & again violated Section 1103(a) when he signed checks for Bruber-individual he got hired by Torres the then E.D..Ellison is equity partner at firm so directing any business to is in violation, as if the aforementioned signing of checks to said individual.- Paid $2,297 settlement-8th link
- Was forced to resign from chairman of HA as a result of the violations-9th link
- While on the board of school control(appointed by Reed) approved more than 100$ million relating to bonds.-9th link
- Many controversial bond deals(including bonds related to the incinerator) were made while he was the City Solicitor-9th link
- Tax liens- while Ellison and Rhods/Sinon represented CASD, the district ‘sold millions of dollars in delinquent property tax claims to third parties’ A poor business venture- they lost money. HA made $30,000 in fees from 2005-2007 from the sale of said items- 2nd link
- Coatesville Area SD 2002-2013 collected 7.7 million from services- 11th link
- While working at Rhoads & Sinon the firm represented CDSD. Ellison served as Insurance defense counsel and solicitor for CDSD. The firm billed CDSD 189,527$ for 1,064.52 hours of which- ‘The records also show that attorney James Ellison billed the district for an hour for an interview he gave to Patriot-News reporter Mary Klaus. The firm also billed the school district for an e-mail it sent regarding a Right-to-Know request the bus drivers sent to the school district.The firm also billed the school district for research it did on defamation after Epstein wrote an article on a blog. It also billed the district for reviewing a draft denial of a Right-to-Know request’- 12th link
- As a result of the combination of Linda Thompson making good on a campaign promise and Ellison giving bad legal advice; Rhoads and Sinon was ordered to pay $250,000 of a $2.4mil settlement with Gerald Kohn. Harrisburg SD paid $125,000. The rest was paid by insurers. Linda Thompson didn’t pay a cent- 4th link/ 6th link/ 7th link
James Ellison activity on Board of Control
- Ellison Rhoads and Sinon largest donor to campaign during Linda Thompson election
- 2010-1 year left of mayoral control of Harrisburg School Board, Linda Thompson appoints Gloria Martin Roberts to Board of Control
- Gloria Martin Roberts fired solicitors, hired James Ellison and hired & Rhoads and Sinon
- Previous solicitors billed 1.2mill over 5 years/ Ellison proceeded to bill over 500k in less than a years time- he got into documented legal trouble for similar behavior with Central Dauphin SD and Coatesville SD. His actions with HbgSD were never scrutinized.
- Ellison acting as Solicitor, Kohn, ended up costing millions
- For services rendered to Board of Control-checks rarely itemized. We have examples of the checks. The checks were signed by GMR and invoiced by JE